If you want a hearty, healthy soup that is beyond delicious, you will love this recipe. It’s just spicy enough and soooo satisfying!
2 T coconut oil
2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
4 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 T fresh ginger root, minced
2-3 drops Lemongrass essential oil
4 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
4 T curry powder
8 cups vegetable broth
2 cans coconut milk
4 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
1 large apple, chopped
3 cups dried red lentils
4–6 handfuls baby spinach
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat; add onion, garlic, and fresh ginger. Cook until onion is translucent then add carrots and sauté 5–7 minutes.
- Add curry powder; cook for another 1–2 minutes stirring constantly until all vegetables are coated and flavors combined.
- Add vegetable broth, coconut milk, diced tomatoes, apples, and lentils. Cover and bring to a boil on medium high heat; reduce to simmer (low heat).
- Add Lemongrass essential oil and cook for approx. 30 minutes until lentils are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted.
- Optional: Garnish with 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro and 1 tablespoon sour cream.
This recipe was adapted from this recipe on Doterra’s blog.